Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What A Fool I Am?



"Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes a day."

I do not know who said this. But I believe it is a universal truth.

The moment I hit the lines, I thought about myself. Yes. I discovered that I am a 'damn fool'. Not for five minutes a day, but for the whole life since marriage.

Foolishness is a part of my life. I cannot escape it. I was a fool before the marriage too. But then I did not bother about me. Once married as a fool I have to bother about me. I have to keep abreast of other fools in life. So I became a better fool.

The sea-change has come into me when I met this woman I am talking of.

At first I wanted to find out what kind of a fool she is. Or all women are. Are they better fools than men? Or just worse than men?

I do not have the grit to ask this to her. Because she wont understand my question. She will catch the word 'worse' and the rest is unexplainable.

There is saying "When you are in Rome be a Roman". This saying goes in perfect sync with this:"When you are among fools, be a fool" too. It does not mean that when a man is with a woman, be a woman. It just means that when you are with a woman be a stupid fool. Else the repercussions will be disgraceful.

Who is a better fool? The man or the woman? Man of course is a "damn fool". What a woman would then be? Is there any word to describe the "better" part of the fool in a woman?

Even Shakespeare, who invented more than 1700 words in English, could not invent a suitable word to define a foolish woman. No man can define a woman, leave alone a 'foolish woman'. Neither a woman could define a woman.

Being a damn fool I tried to explore my woman in depth. It took nearly 25 years to conclude my research findings. My findings can be distilled into a small group of words like this:

"A woman is like the vanity bag she uses. Once you open it you find more hidden pockets in it, both inside and outside. All filled with junk."

What a fool I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment